Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Sale
Irrespective of the date of Order all products supplied are chargeable at the prices ruling on the day of delivery.
1) TIME OF DELIVERY
The time for despatch stated in this quotation is an estimate and shall date from receipt by us of definite instructions to proceed with the necessary information. We undertake to adhere as closely as possible to the period stated, but can accept no liability to do so, or for any loss or delay occasioned by strikes, lockouts, fire, accident, delay in transit after leaving our works, or other contingency beyond our control.
Authorised name for goods received and acceptance. Terms and Conditions available on our website or in cab of vehicle. Time allowed for unloading of this vehicle is to be arranged prior delivery. Customer accepts full liability for vehicle recovery & any damage incurred if asked to leave the public highway. Warning! Concrete or Screed can cause alkali burns. Non-porous protective clothing should be worn at all times. Please be advised that when the air temperature is below 5C or above 35C fresh concrete may not comply with BSEN 206/BS8500. Acceptance of delivery during these conditions is at customers risk.
Cancellation will only be accepted by us on condition that all costs and expenses incurred by us up to the time of cancellation, and all loss of profits and other loss or damage resulting to us by reason of such cancellation will be reimbursed by the customer to us forthwith.
All descriptions and illustrations contained in our catalogues, price lists and other advertising matter are intended merely to present a general idea of the equipment described therein and shall not form part of the contract.
Unless previously withdrawn, quotations remain valid for acceptance within the period stated therein or if no period is stated until four weeks of the date thereof and are subject to written confirmation on receipt of order.
5) TERMS OF PAYMENT
Strictly C.O.D. unless stated otherwise overleaf Cheque with Bankers Card, Visa or Cash. The property in goods shall not pass to the Buyer until full payment has been made for the whole consignment of which the goods format part and if any of the goods in a consignment are resold or otherwise disposed of by the Buyer before payment has been made in full for what consignment the Company shall have the right to trace those goods and/or the proceeds of such sale or disposal and to repossess the goods or recover the proceeds of the sale as the case may be NS&SL reserves the right to remove all goods not paid for in full from the site. Any damage caused in doing so remain the liability of the customer. If the debt is carried across to a debting agency 15% will be added to the final bill
6) CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES
All implied conditions, warranties and guarantees implied by statute common law or otherwise are hereby excluded and save as expressly stated herein or on the face of the Company’s Offer the Company gives no warranty or guarantee as to the fitness for purpose, suitability, performance, quality or merchantability of the goods or any of them. Save in so far as otherwise expressly stated herein or on the face of the Company’s Offer, the Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or delay whatsoever. However, the same may arise or be caused, whether by negligence of the Company, its servants or agents or otherwise and whether in the performance of the contract or otherwise in no circumstances shall the Buyer be entitled to recover damages whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, from the Company.
7) PROPER LAW
The Contract shall be in every respect governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law in England and Scottish Law in Scotland.
8) DELIVERY OFF PUBLIC HIGHWAY
If in order to effect this delivery on behalf of NS&SL, the driver is required to leave the Public Highway and drive onto private property, this will be done at the sole responsibility of the oversigned, who will become fully responsible for any consequential damage that may occur to the said property or any part thereof. In the event of the vehicle becoming stuck or bogged down NS&SL will also look to the oversigned for reimbursement of all vehicles recovery costs, repair of damage caused to our vehicle and loss of earnings whilst out of use.
Addition of extra water will reduce the strength and durability of the concrete mix.
Shortages must be notified to the driver immediately on site and by telephone to the office within 30 minutes of delivery, whereon a complaint reference number will be given. Unless the procedure is followed the Company cannot accept responsibility for shortages.
Testing of concrete should be made in accordance with BS5328. The driver must be informed when a test is to be carried out in order that compliance procedures may be checked. Unless the procedure is followed the Company cannot accept responsibility for any defective concrete.
Please be advised that when the air temperature is below 5C or above [sic] 35C fresh concrete may not comply with BSEN 206/BS8500. Acceptance of delivery during these conditions is at customer risk.
13) Bank holiday weekend free delivery terms & conditions
- Free bank holiday weekend delivery is limited to the first 20 orders taken.
- To qualify for free bank holiday weekend delivery you must contact the main office via telephone and quote the relevant displayed voucher code.
- Orders must be received before 5pm Friday 23rd August
- Free bank holiday weekend delivery radius is limited to 10 miles from Neil Sullivan and Sons Ltd main depot.
Bonville Farm House
Southend Arterial Rd
- Free delivery applies to orders delivered on Saturday 24th August only.
- Neil Sullivan & Sons Ltd are not open for business on Sunday 25th August or Monday 26th August. These days are excluded from the free bank holiday weekend offer.
- Free bank holiday weekend delivery may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Failure to receive delivery on the nominated day will incur the full standard delivery costs.
14) 10% discount on concrete pump terms & conditions
- To be eligible for 10% off concrete pump you must order a minimum of 10m of concrete
- 10% off concrete pump applies to pump only. It does not apply to any other services offered by Neil Sullivan & Sons Ltd.
- To qualify for 10% off concrete pump you must contact the main office via telephone and quote the relevant displayed voucher code.
- 10% off concrete pump may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Offer valid until 31st August 2019